Friday, January 31, 2014

WIP 01: Creature Raysarian sculpt



I've been wanting to start on some kind of a creature sculpt for a while now. Something scary, or something weird or just something interesting that wasn't human. So I did a couple of sketches and came up with this little guy.




He isn't a creepy monster like something from the awesome Casey Love's gallery, but I thought he was a interesting  friendly alien, maybe even a merchant of somekind. He is a bit of a Stingray/ manatee/ hammerhead mix of a creature. So I build up a low poly mesh from a human model that I had made from a past project, and brought it into ZBrush.




After a couple hours I got to the stage below. I also wanted to show off alittle of my zbrush work setup.




Then a few more hours on another day, I came to the stage below.




I'm going to continue to work on sculpting him and also I'll retopologize his head so I can have some more geometry. Then after the sculpting, I plan to texture and render him with zbrush.


No comments:

Post a Comment